Need help with a 1980 Snipe boat built by McGaughlin regarding rigging of traveler.

Apr 13, 2020
Catalina 22 Lake Lanier, Gainesville, Ga
I had a friend give me a 1980 Snipe sailboat I was able to find the proper boom for the cobra two mast. In the rigging in the traveler section, there is a line that comes from under the rear deck attached to the traveler rigging going into the cockpit . The newer boats it’s on top of the rear deck leading into the cockpit. I don’t know where that line terminates in the cockpit. Appreciate any help.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
If this doesn't explain it: How to Rig the Split Mainsheet and Augie Equalizer - Snipe Class International | SnipeToday , you probably have a different setup. Based on photos posted on the Snipe Class website, it looks like adjusting the traveler is also done by rigging an adjustable line in a triangle between the end of the boom and blocks P & S on the aft deck. The line is tightened or loosened, depending upon where you want the end of the boom to be. Running the end of the line (your line coming from under the deck) to a cam cleat at the aft end of the cockpit would seem to be how to handle this on your boat.