need help with 8.0 furler and mast setup

Apr 14, 2014
S2 8.0a 26' Cape Coral, FL
I'm just about completely in the dark here. When i got the boat, the mast was already down so i never got a look at how it should be rigged. I was looking at the furler and wondering how it is rigged the mast. The first pic is of the furler at the bow, the 2nd pick of the top of the mast shows the black pulley or block which i believe is the other end of the furler system?....or what does the furler spool shackle connect to? The Headstay is the wire just behind the black block. Also, there are 2 halyards that go inside the mast one is for the main and the other is i suppose for the jib or head sail.
Lastly, the aft block at the top of the mast is for the boom? I don't see anything else that would run to the boom.
The only experience i have with furler systems is from my Hobie 18 which is built into the headstay on swivels.
Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be awesome.
Thanks,
John

Attachments

Apr 14, 2014
S2 8.0a 26' Cape Coral, FL
After further thought, i believe i'm going to incorporate the Furler drum into my forestay. I have a swivel for the top but still need to figure out what to use for a foil and then of course how to swivel the halard as well.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Do a search on Google for homemade roller furler. I am sure you can work it out.