Need Help....Info. on 1983 22ft Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gr8girlIm

Own a trailer dealership in upstate NY, have customer wanting to trade 1983 22ft Catalina with trailer on a landscape trailer. #1 husband and I have always been interested in sailing, and think this might be something we would be interested in. Know nothing about this particular craft, and would appreciate any information regarding this particular boat. Trade value is around $2,000.00. Haven't seen the boat yet, what should we look for etc. etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. E-Mail response to trailcnt@frontiernet.net. Many thanks for any responses. Chris @ the Trailer Center, Farmington, New York

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Sounds like a good deal!

Check out our classifieds section, as well as the "Blue Book" section for other C22s to compare pricing but it sounds like a great deal for you. That era boat usually goes for anywhere between $3500-6500 depending on its condition, equipment, etc., especially with a trailer included. And the C22 is a terrific "learner". Easy to handle, fun to sail, and retains their value. Good luck & have fun! LaDonna

T

Tom

You've Got To Be Kidding

A 1983 Catalina with trailer for $2000, You're getting ripped off buddy. Tell you what, give me his name and phone number and I'll give him a piece of my mind. Actually this is a fantastic deal. The 22 is a great boat, parts are easy to get and there are lots of Catalina websites and associations to help you. Don't pass up this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.