Need help Identifying a boat please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2011
AMF Alcort Don't know yet Alton Bay
I need help identifying a sailboat made by AMF Alcort. From end to end, the boat measures about 14' 8''. It has a faded metal tag with AMF Alcort Waterbury Conn USA serial number 084 on it. Pictures are attached. I am not a boater (yet), but I am trying to figure out what model or type of boat this is. Please let me know if you can. Thank you so much, Josh. jdcliffy@hotmail.com

Attachments

Nov 28, 2009
Catalina 30 St. Croix
It looks like a Force 5 sailboat that was sold by AMF. Check this out. I wrote Force Five sail boat and got lots of hits. I knew that AMF had sold them way back. Laser won. The sail will have a Force 5 weather emblem on the sail and also a rainbow color design. The video should give you an idea of a well st up boat,

Nov 28, 2009
Catalina 30 St. Croix
force5sailboats.com/history.htm. All you want to know about the boat. 15,000 were made. Pearson bought the rights and stopped production so it would not compete against the laser market that they also owned.

Jul 31, 2011
AMF/ Alcort Flying Fish Big Pond
I believe what you have is an AMF/Alcort Flying Fish. Here are a couple pictures of my 1970 Fish. I picked this up earlier this year to learn how to sail and have had a ball with it. Information on the web is very scarce and what little i found was on the Sunfish Sailor group here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunfish_sailor/

Although on your boat it looks like someone has modified the the mast step, maybe to fit a different mast to the boat???

I'll be happy to share any info i have with you. If you join the above group you'll have access to the files section and there you can find a copy of the owners manual under the Clonefish folder. I also have a copy and if you'd like i could email it to you.
Mike

Attachments

Oct 17, 2011
AMF Alcort Don't know yet Alton Bay
Thank you all for your help in identifying this boat. VT-Sailor, thank you for all your info. It is great to have a name with the boat. Now I am just trying to get the rudder built and try to get the diameters for the center board plus find out any other parts that I am missing. I figured that the mast was not the original, now I need to either find an original with sail or try to figure out how to get a sail made for what I have. Any thoughts? Thank you again. Josh jdcliffy@hotmail.com

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
Josh.
Try VTs Google group for the parts you need. I belong to a yahoo group, "marinerecycle" that has a good following and you might have some luck there.
If no luck or if you want to get on the water while you're waiting to find the right parts, you could use a wind surfer mast and make a tyvak sail for very cheap http://gaboats.com/tutorials/jiffysail.html
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.