Need help finding reasonable Jabsco part

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I have a Jabsco Compact 29090-0000 marine toilet. It works just fine so I'm not wanting to replace it. I am trying to find the toilet lid hinges. According to pumpvendor.com, the original p/n 18753-0181 has been superseded by 29098-1000. They have it in stock. It doesn't look exactly like the original but I could make it work.
What I have an issue with are their charges. The part is only $12.97 USD, but they want $17 for shipping. Is that reasonable for a few ounces? They estimate the weight at 1.25lbs. They must put a rock in the box. Is there a better resource or do I just suck it up an order this one?
Worldwide Shipping from the USA

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I would expect you can purchase it OR replacement seat from your local hardware store.

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
I've had success before with small inexpensive parts using West Marine to order it (special order if not stocked) and free ship to store.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
This is a compact bowl. I don't think standard lids would fit. Off the shelf hinges might.
I should look at go2marine. Not sure why they didn't come up. I have ordered from there just last month

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I've had success before with small inexpensive parts using West Marine to order it (special order if not stocked) and free ship to store.
That's an idea. We are planning a mini vacation to Tulsa this month. They have a WM there.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Don't know about the shipping costs, however the part is $2 cheaper.

Total comes to $19.83 as opposed to $29.95. I can accept that.
Thanks all, for your interest and responses.
This was not a planned project. I broke a hinge while I was laying on the lid trying to get access to the engine starter wiring. This was collateral damage :(
I did get the wiring job done. I removed the cable from the starter supplying power to the fridge and routed it to my aux panel with a heavier cable.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It would be hard to tell with out measuring if a generic lid would fit. The Jabsco comes in full size bowl or compact like ours

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Final update: the new Jabsco hinge set arrived. It fit up exactly to the old mounting holes. No mods necessary. I don't know why they repartnumbered (sp?) it. Thanks for the tip Dave, it saved me $10 . Original hinges were old and brittle. :thumbup: