Need for small headsail

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I own a Catalina 22 that I sail on Lake Champlain.(Yes, the same lake that is home to "Champ" the lake monster. No, I've not had the luck to see Champ..yet!). The winds on the lake are often quite variable and are sometimes a handful for the 22. I would like to acquire a small headsail, a "handkerchief", to run up when the wind seems too much for the 110. Seems like the most affordable thing to do would be to get one off a smaller daysailer, like a Cape Cod or a Comet. I would like to know which headsails might do the best job. Thanks for any help you can offer!

R

Robert Connors

Small Headsail

I formerly owned a C-22, used a small sail off a Thistle as a storm jib. Worked fine, but was still a little big. One caution - be sure the sail does not have snap buttons as they will open in heavy air.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

place an ad in our classifieds

You should try placing an ad in our classified section as a "Wanted" kind of thing. Head back to the home page & connect to the Classifieds section. Good luck! LaDonna

R

RK of the Sylvan

Storm Jib

A storm jib is made for a Catalina 22. It works fine with mine with the mainsail reefed. Happy Sailing!

G

Geoff

RF head sail

Have you thought about getting a fuller for your boat. I have one on my Cat 22 and it makes reefing easier. You have to be careful however, my wife and I have had trouble when it was not set up correctly. The sail would not roll up all the way. Not good in heavy air.

Status
Not open for further replies.