Need CDI Furler help.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
My friend's new to her boat has a CDI Furler which I believe is an FF3. But it does not exactly look like what I see in the current online FF3 manual. The internal halyard is wire with what appears to be a small and weak shackle. At least for a big heavy 150 on a Hunter 28.5. Then the front of the furler does NOT have the internal wire exiting with any way to shackle it to the drum. Instead there is a tab with a hole that goes up and down in the slot. The previous owner left a carabiner attached. So my assumption is that the wire halyard with the small shackle attaches to the head of the jib. Then with a line attached to that tab the sail is pulled up into the slot. Somehow then that tab is secured to the drum and the sail tack as well. Mysteriously there are only two holes on top of the drum. One is open the other is closed, there is nothing to connect either the tab nor the sail tack. Appreciate your experience and comments.
P.S. Unfortunately the previous owner, a good friend, is unable to help due to health issues.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
CDI is always very helpful when you call them....you never know, they may be there today.....good luck, Pat...Happy Memorial Weekend..

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
The hole had a slug that looked like a Clovis pin that stuck up out of It but with a bigger hole thru It and in there and thru there a shackle attached to go to sail

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
On the FF I had the tack of the sail got lashed to the drum. You tension the luff by pulling the lashing tight. There was a short line, probably about three feet spliced to the sliding tab that got cleated to the drum. So, to raise sail you tie a temporary halyard to the short line and raise the sail while feeding the luff tape into the slot. When it's all the way up, run five or six loops of light cord through the tack ring and the horizontal hole in the drum. Pull tight and tie it off. And don't forget to tie the temp halyard back on before lowering the sail. BTDT!

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
So the luff lashing simply goes through the hole? There is not any hardware there? In that case we have it exactly right. Thank you!