Need Beckson port workaround

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
We have replaced all but one of the gaskets on our Beckson opening ports. It has been leaking for years and have tried every known trick to get the new gasket to fit. Heat, stretching even a plastic hammer per Beckson without success. The finger on the gasket will not fit in the groove of the frame. I wish they made a replacement gasket that stayed in place with just adhesive. Short of replacing them with another brand, which I am considering, has anyone found a better way? (PLEASE don't mention heat and stretching, we tried that.)
My thought is routing out the groove wider in the frame and using an adhesive like 5200 to hold the ridge on the gasket in the frame.
Any better methods?
Thanks.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Took me almost an hr to get the gasket to seat...i did use a small deadblow to work the gasket around the corners and into the seat..very frustrating..following the instructions does work. Sometimes there is rework...patience...

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
If I recall when I replaced mine on the old boat I took the lenses off...... gave me better access to the corners. Still there was one that wouldn’t stay, however it didn’t leak so I lived with it.

Good luck
Greg