Need an old Navionics CF card

danm1

Oct 5, 2013
Hunter 356 Mamaroneck, NY
I am trying to update the operating system on an e80 chartplotter so that it will read new charts. Navionics sold me the charts on a cf card that will only work on an e80 with the latest 5.69 os, but they don't provide a card for the software upgrade, just the files for download. The e80 won't read new compact flash cards, so I have to erase the maps from an old one (under 2 gigabytes) that the e80 will recognize and then install from that. Anyway, if someone replaced an e80 and still has the old Navionics cf card lying in the basement I could use it. Please p.m. me if you can help. Thanks.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
You should be able to acquire the last firmware update from Raymarine. Try to get a CF card that is compatible with the E80, on Ebay.

danm1

Oct 5, 2013
I have the software. Sellers on ebay want $40 bucks or more for obsolete cards assuming that people want the charts. I will erase the charts and blank cf cards go for $5-$10...but the new ones don't work in the old e80s. I already paid $200 to Navionics for new charts and bought a new blank cf card that didn't work...and I can't be sure the cards on eBay worked in an e80. Plus, paying for an old chart I'm going to erase feels like adding insult to injury. I'd rather hear from someone who had an e80 card in the first place. Thanks.

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
You may not need a flash card from the maps - just an old version, small capacity one. This is often the case with electronics that they won’t read newer version, larger capacity drives.

from the following page it looks like you need a 32-128mb capacity compact flash card. They also indicate a firm a compatible card might be ordered from.

danm1

Oct 5, 2013
Saw that and tried a new 128 MG card. Didn't work. Apparently I need an old slower one. That's why I am looking for an original Navionics card. It's my best shot.

danm1

Oct 5, 2013
Just to report back. I bought a 2005 Sandisk card on ebay, put the Navionics update software on it and it still didn't work. Finally surrendered and paid Radar Marine $55 for a preloaded cf card that worked to update the E80 software. Had to reboot a few times before it would recognize the new 2gb Navionics cf map card, but now I can use the $200 in maps that Navionics sold me. I know they don't support the E80 anymore, but for the price of new maps they could have thrown in the required software update card instead of referring me to Radar Marine. Probably would have cost them $1 instead of making me pay $55 to a third party...and I would have been a much happier customer.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
. Finally surrendered and paid Radar Marine $55 for a preloaded cf card that worked to update the E80 software.
Seems that many are trying to fleece customers. Good thing is that you got your E80 updated with current maps and you didn't have to spend close to $1000 for a new chart plotter & maps.