need advice for loading Mac 26x+Trailer on flatbed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2009
Macgregor 26X Galveston Tx
Yep, I'm going to do it this way...Travel to galveston tx load it on a flatbed trailer and tow it home! Any suggestions for the following.
What rental Comp. to use?
How to get it on trailer (with boat still on trailer) Cumalongs/Ramps?
How to strap it down?
Thanks guys,
J Wilhelm

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
It will be cheaper to have a new axel installed in Galveston. You gotta have it done anyway and one way rentals are very pricey.

Aug 2, 2005
pearson ariel grand rapids
When I sold my 22 footer the buyeer brought a car hauler with ducktails, he parked in the road, then I backed the boat up to the ramp. Unhooked my truck and lowered the tongue jack to raise the stern. Then just used come-alongs to haul the boat up onto the trailer.

Was actually pretty easy to load it up.

Agree with Ross, a one-way rental for a trailer large enough to haul the boat and trailer could be more expensive than fixing the trailer there.

Ken.

Timo42

Mar 26, 2007
Venture 22 Marina del Rey
Call a tow company and have them send a flatbed truck, if you have AAA it may be covered to get it towed to a repair facility. Unless you have at least a 1ton truck and have towed before, I wouldn't recommend trying to go long distance with this setup yourself.

Apr 4, 2004
Catalina 30 Ladysmith
The last time I was transferred, they wouldn't pay me to tow our C27 on it's trailer, but, they would pay to have it moved for me. They hired a trucking company that used a large fork-lift to pickup the boat on it's trailer and set it down on a low boy trailer. The boat was tied to it's trailer using it's own straps and the boat trailer was chained to flat bed by the moving company. It was only a 1400 mile move, but it cost $5600.00.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Have you seen the axles and leaf springs yourself? One mans shot is another mans paint touch up. Seems that the trailer on an X shouldn't have gotten to the state that it is irreparable. Did he send you detailed pictures? If so can you post?

Oct 22, 2008
- Telstar 28 Buzzards Bay
AAA doesn't cover trailers, just cars, unless you have their RV or RV Plus memberships.

Call a tow company and have them send a flatbed truck, if you have AAA it may be covered to get it towed to a repair facility. Unless you have at least a 1ton truck and have towed before, I wouldn't recommend trying to go long distance with this setup yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.