Need a replacement diesel for Cal 2-29 '75'

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Hanson

At present I have a rough running (normal) Farryman diesel that I would like to replace. I have talked to Westerbeke Diesel and they have given me prices, but no help on what other parts that I would need to do the install. Has anybody out there replaced the diesel in their Cal. Mine is a 1975 Cal 2-29. Could anyone reccommend someone to talk to. Thanks, Steve

M

Matthew

diesel replacement

Get in touch with Joe DeMers. He is a very accomplished diesel mechanic who has done extensive work with cals. jedsail@mindspring.com is his address... website - www.soundmarinediesel.com Good luck. MF

J

jim chaffee

faryman replacement

I also have a Faryman A30 and looked into replacing it back in 1997 when I discovered a serious problem requiring a rebuild. I looked at Westerbeke and Yanmar and found that some reworking of the engine beds were required. This was in Seattle and my mechanic offered to rebuild mine for an amount that was less than the cost of a new Wes. or Yanmar plus no need to rebuild the beds so I went that way. It's still running so far but I always wonder if a yanmar might have been the way to go since Faryman parts and knowedgablemechanics are rare it seems down here in sw FL where I am now.

J

Jim Taylor

Farymann Replacement

You might look at the Nanni or Beta Marine replacement. I do not know what modifications are needed for the engine installation, but they are a neat and compact unit based on the Kubota (Universal) Diesel. I know some manufacturers have dummy plugs available that allow you to preview how the engine will sit in your boat and the modifications you need to make. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.