NEED a new Auto Pilot?

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Realizing that not everyone is on Facebook, I though I'd pass this on.. Defender Marine is advertising a big sale on Raymarine Evo auto pilots. My suspicion is that a new model is about to be released and the shelves are being cleared.. That just means savings for us. It might be beneficial to check out the other vendors as well...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It could be a newer model. Or they could be preparing for the normal production shipment. The past few winters have brought sales on raymarine AP hardware. Production and marketing may have moved the sale plan forward into October. Seems sales that once were saved for the end of the year have been moved forward in the year.

If you have been thinking about a new AP now may be your time.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
There is a manufacturers rebate of $250 on the ev100 and they are showing a couple hundred bucks lower than msrp but I’m not seeing anything about a sale. Do you have a link or is what I listed what you are talking about?

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I would put reliability, power consumption, and ability ahead of cost, on an autopilot. It will become an invaluable member of your crew, who never gets tired, never complains (no matter how hard you work him) and never wants another beer.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I would put reliability, power consumption, and ability ahead of cost, on an autopilot. It will become an invaluable member of your crew, who never gets tired, never complains (no matter how hard you work him) and never wants another beer.
my Autohelm 3000 complains all the time....lol

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
my Autohelm 3000 complains all the time....lol
Isn't that what winch handles are for now that we all have electric winches? Complaints end quickly, when you konk the complainer on the head. lol