Need a Cat30 Traveler car

Mar 10, 2018
Catalina C30 Mandeville, Louisiana
I need a traveler car for a Cat30. I tried to remove the blocks and twisted one of the screws off. I don’t want to spend a lot because I will eventually replace the traveler with a straight one.
Rickbruce5@yahoo.com or this forum if you can help

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I have a worn traveler from 1983. Don’t know mfg. I’m not clear what your looking for - the car that has the main sheet attachment or the end pieces?? I really really like my new Garhauer traveler.

Mine is from a 36 but they used a lot of the same hardware then

57599BDB-7063-473C-B15E-1462A83D1696.jpeg

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
And when you call Garhauer, just get an entire new traveller because the original C-30 traveller was awful.

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
Ooooo, ouch, expensive! Harken makes some nice stuff but good Lord...better have a credit card on you and buy a scratch-off before coming to West Marine! They might as well put a box at the entrance with a picture of a wallet on it that you just drop all your money in...

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Ooooo, ouch, expensive! Harken makes some nice stuff but good Lord...better have a credit card on you and buy a scratch-off before coming to West Marine! They might as well put a box at the entrance with a picture of a wallet on it that you just drop all your money in...
New boat parts are expensive, who would have thunk that?

But here's the fun bit, new parts for a 40 year old 30-footer are just as expensive as new parts for a new 30-footer. That's why you see so many old boats in crappy shape. Easy buy-in now, but the regular maintenance ante gets a lot people in the pocketbook.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
look for the post from the sailor in NY whose yard dropped his catalina 30 due to a broken lift chain -- i'm sure they'd sell usable parts for salvage at cheap prices.

mortyd

Dec 11, 2004
Catalina 30 easy living
you are correct, when you call garhauer you get a new traveler that makes the boat a pleaure to sail instead of a frustrating struggle. owning a sailboat is not always free.