Navionics 8/11/20 Date Notice

BillGr

Jul 5, 2020
Grampian 26' fixed keel Gulf Breeze
I received an e-mail that indicated on 8/11/20 I would need to transition to another Navionics APP. I have been using a FREE version for Gulf of Mexico (GOM) in the Pensacola area for several years and it provides everything I need. I have no intention of sailing around the world of leaving the GOM area. Do I need to load this new APP or actually purchase a subscription? Thanks

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
I am using the paid version and received the same notice although I have the latest. Up here in Canada the paid version that I have includes all of USA, Canada, section of the Bahamas for $29.99 (CDN $), which allows you to download all the charts and get the updates for a year. Probably less money for your GOM area. You said you been using your current version for several years. There are numerous changes every year, so I would suggest to buy the new version, dowload all the charts you want, with free updates for a year and then keep it for a few years before buying again. That will ensure you have absolutely the latest version. For a decent price it's really a no-brainer !