Navigation desk/station for Pearson 303

MoLump

Sep 22, 2019
Pearson 303 Savannah
I have a 1983 Pearson 303. Pearson produced 300 of these from model years 1983 - 1986. Beginning with the 1984 models they added a small nav desk at forward end of the starboard quarter berth. Would like the specs on one of these or if someone knows of one from a salvaged Pearson 303 I am interested.

Any ideas for a workable Nav desk/station solution from a creative mind is welcome.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I think the Tartan 33 had a similar arrangement but on the port side. I'm not a fan of the usual Nav station. The one on the Tartan isn't any better and maybe worse than some. It takes up too much space. It makes getting in the quarter berth a gymnastic excercise and isn't any more useful for charts than a dinette with a fid - by the way because it's slanted everything slides off it. In the electronic era navigation is being done at the helm (Where it should be) and at best you need repeaters of instruments below.
If your boat is missing the nav station, I think that's a good opportunity to come up with something creative and better - maybe a wine rack.

MoLump

Sep 22, 2019
Pearson 303 Savannah
I think the Tartan 33 had a similar arrangement but on the port side. I'm not a fan of the usual Nav station. The one on the Tartan isn't any better and maybe worse than some. It takes up too much space. It makes getting in the quarter berth a gymnastic excercise and isn't any more useful for charts than a dinette with a fid - by the way because it's slanted everything slides off it. In the electronic era navigation is being done at the helm (Where it should be) and at best you need repeaters of instruments below.
If your boat is missing the nav station, I think that's a good opportunity to come up with something creative and better - maybe a wine rack.
Prefer electronic nav equipment and use the units regularly every time they are working. Still prefer to plot a course on good old paper charts. As far as installing a "nav station or proper chart table" in a 1983 Pearson 303, you do have a point. Appreciate the reply.