Nav Table or Junk Drawer?

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Thanks for the photo, Claude. Now that looks like a good junk drawer.
And I bet you know everything that’s in it! :)

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
while I have electronic nav gear, I always carry paper charts. AND when sailing offshore, I mark my position on them hourly, or there abouts. Offshore being crossing the gulf of Mexico from Texas to Florida, or return, for example, Inshore, I print the NOAA chart books and put them in a 3 ring binder.

Did the same when on a trip, Rockport Texas to Isla Mujeres Mexico a few years ago.

Electronics have been known to fail

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
while I have electronic nav gear, I always carry paper charts. AND when sailing offshore, I mark my position on them hourly, or there abouts. Offshore being crossing the gulf of Mexico from Texas to Florida, or return, for example, Inshore, I print the NOAA chart books and put them in a 3 ring binder.

Did the same when on a trip, Rockport Texas to Isla Mujeres Mexico a few years ago.

Electronics have been known to fail
My plan is to turn west and run until I ooze into the mud. Worked for me once. I also drew my own chart on a celestial nav. worksheet with the major cities of the east coast and Lat/Long lines every 5 degrees. Then I found a similar chart in the Explorer books. Great minds.