Mystery parts!

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
20201031_115941.jpg
If anyone can help with some parts identification, I would be grateful.

First up is a long, somewhat curved pole. My guess is that it was a mast storage support. The crutch delivered with the boat was not original.

There are two nice canvas covers, but I don't see anything obvious that they would cover.

Last is a covered rope about 3 feet long with rather large caribiners on both ends.

Note that this boat came with 6 large dock lines/snubbers for a much larger boat so it is possible some of this stuff is for another boat.

Aug 12, 2020
Lancer 36 Pago Pago
Safety lanyard for tying in to cockpit and backline; covers for...propane tanks? winches? Bent pole....look for a similar pole which is straight, maybe that is the old one....or it was used as a spar to lift something maybe.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
If they are round, the canvas covers could be for the trailer's tires.
Is the piece with the carabiners stretchy? If so it could be a snubbing device for mooring, or a boom preventer. Hell it could be anything but I doubt it's a tether unless there's a harness nearby. It could be used to secure something while trailering. ???? The pole... look for something it might fit into. Maybe visualize what you'd be doing to need something like that.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
The bent pole with the black plug in the end looks like a tiller. Do I see a hole drilled through a few inches from the other end?

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
The bent pole with the black plug in the end looks like a tiller. Do I see a hole drilled through a few inches from the other end?
That makes sense, this boat was converted from a tiller to a wheel, and yes, there is a hole drilled through near the end. And now the curvature makes sense.

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
the thing with the carabiner is a shock absorber for the anchor rode. you need two prussic to attach it.
Great catch, Rick. I found that it can also be used on the dock line. I'm gonna stow it with the anchor.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
interesting enough, my last name is Rickey so you were actually right. I use MikeHoncho on the internet given my last name and a deep love for Talledega Nights. I bought one at WM for $40. Almost killed be being that I could have fab'ed one up on my machine but I was heading out that afternoon for a 4 day trip.

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
Thanks everyone, 2 mysteries solved. The canvas covers are too small for wheel covers and way too big for winch covers. Could they be covers for the wood on the rear quarter seats?

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Hatch covers? They look like they have snaps. What has snaps on your deck?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Great catch, Rick. I found that it can also be used on the dock line. I'm gonna stow it with the anchor.
That's called a "snubber" or line snubber or anchor snubber, etc. Here's how they work.

Dec 20, 2020
Prindle 16' Corrotoman River, VA
There are two nice canvas covers, but I don't see anything obvious that they would cover.
Do the canvas covers fit on the seats on the corners of stern rail? There are 4 snaps under the seat on mine and seems I've seen in a pic somewhere someone had some covers on them.

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
Do the canvas covers fit on the seats on the corners of stern rail? There are 4 snaps under the seat on mine and seems I've seen in a pic somewhere someone had some covers on them.
I never thought about that but I'll bet that's it! To protect the wood. I'll try that the next time I go out to the boat.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
As the saying goes, if you want to know what that mystery part is, throw it away and a couple weeks later you'll find the reason for it being on the boat!