My S2 bit me

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Working on the boat today. Tightening up the boom tent so it will shed snow better. A nor'easter is coming through on Monday. Also removed my chartplotter from the coaming so I can mount it in the navpod and mount the navpod on the new guard so it will be good to go for spring. In doing so I had to enter the quarter berth. One of the PO's mounted some cloths to form a series of hammocks to hold the companionway boards. Unfortunately he didn't get screws of the right length. Those he selected stick down about an inch...a fact I forgot until one gouged an inch long divot in my skull. Ouch.:doh:

Anyway, I will likely fill the chartplotter hole with a coaming box, if I can find a small one, or perhaps make one out of starboard. I will also take my brand new cordless dremel tool down to the boat and cut those @#$% screws to the right length and sand them smooth.

May 2, 2008
S2 9.2C 1980 St. Leonard (Chesapeake Bay), MD
Sounds like something that would happen to me. I am always telling my wife and friends that my job isn't finished until I have bled.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Glad to hear it's not just me. The companionway storage idea was a good one as it puts them out of the way in unused space. It was just one of those things that could have been executed just a tiny bit better.

BobT

Sep 29, 2008
Gulfstar 37 North East River, Chesapeake Bay
Argh, meathooks! Have to watch out for them all the time!
Many years ago I worked on a particularly good carpentry crew. We declared that the first guy to bleed on any given day had to buy the beer. This was all well and good until we realized we hadn't specified that it had to be self inflicted.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
At least a scrape from a brass bolt makes a clean wound. It is healing nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.