My new saildrive

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Latest..Seems Twin Disc is not being very responsive. In their very weak defense, they (and Beta) might be battling COVID and Brexit issues. Beta contacted me and stated they are going to take a saildrive from their inventory and flush it out and run it on their test stand and with angles of heel both sides. I did concur as it should be ok if it runs on their test stand. I told Beta I scheduled a 3/1 haul out date..

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Latest - Boat splashed on friday with new saildrive. Have performed three one hr runs on separate days and all is well. This is while bringing raw water up through through the saildrive. Next is supplying raw water from a thruhull so that no water flows through saildrive. This is the condition that Beta used for their tests in the UK And is also their preference so I expect it to work. This will take some time as I have really tweaked the lower left muscles in my back. I'm thinking this little escapade is over! A big shout out to Betamarine for sticking with me.

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
What really boggles my brain is they did NOT want the first one back for failure analysis.
That’s never a good sign. Throw away or not, what engineer wouldn’t want to do a failure mode analysis? Doesn’t matter how cheap they might be to build, sending out units that fail are disrespectful to the customers. Doesn’t hurt the company when you have to go through all you are doing to get a working unit - all they have to do is send out another cheap unit. Easy peasy for them...