My new EchoMap UHD is a ULD (ULTRA LOW DEFINITION)

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
I just installed a new Garmin EchoMap UHD but the sounder return is a ULD (ULTRA LOW DEFINITION). I even tried just lashing the transducer to a stick and submerging it a foot away from the boat and it was still terrible. I used to get more info from a flasher than this gives. It seems to read the depth ok and lists the bottom depth in feet but the graphic is just 1/4" square pixels. Anyone know if there is an adjustment or calibration I need to do?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I just installed a new Garmin EchoMap UHD but the sounder return is a ULD (ULTRA LOW DEFINITION). I even tried just lashing the transducer to a stick and submerging it a foot away from the boat and it was still terrible. I used to get more info from a flasher than this gives. It seems to read the depth ok and lists the bottom depth in feet but the graphic is just 1/4" square pixels. Anyone know if there is an adjustment or calibration I need to do?
Are there instructions in the manual on calibrating and setting up the sensor?

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
I cannot find anything in the manual about setting up the transducer but it is not the best written manual I have ever read. In toggling through the settings, I see lots of things that can be tweaked but without knowing which does what i am nervous to start changing stuff.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Call Garmin.
Or send me a list of quandary I’ll stop by their offices in Salem. Surely someone will know.