My GPS Thinks It's Yesterday!

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Sailing today I went to check the tide info on the chartplotter, and the date was 8/05/2020 - yesterday! It's a B&G Zeus 2 MFD, using a B&G GPS antenna. There doesn't seem to be any way to correct or adjust the date and time, I assume it's coming off the satellites that way.

Anyone have any ideas?

srimes

Jun 9, 2020
Macgregor 26D Brookings
Sailing today I went to check the tide info on the chartplotter, and the date was 8/05/2020 - yesterday! It's a B&G Zeus 2 MFD, using a B&G GPS antenna. There doesn't seem to be any way to correct or adjust the date and time, I assume it's coming off the satellites that way.

Anyone have any ideas?
See what the GPS on your phone says? Mine says today. I use the app GPS test.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
There are two GPS sources on my network, the "iGPS" and the GPS in my Vesper XB8000F AIS transponder. The latter has the wrong date. For some reason the MFD is picking up that date. I don't know how to select one source as primary. There's a configuration option on the MFD for each source called "instance" with a numerical value, but I don't know what it's for, and can't find it in the manual.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Look in the settings for a category called “network”, then an item called “sources”. On the Zeus 3 it looks like it’s possible to change the GPS source that way.

Also look for firmware updates for the Vesper. Sounds like the kind of thing a firmware update might fix.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Some people just live in the past, not the here and now. Silly goose. Yesterday IS yesterday. TODAY is TODAY. TOMORROW is tomorrow, but TODAY will be YESTERDAY. Got it? Unless you live across the international date line.