My boat has sold!

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Many mixed feelings:
I got my full asking price for Double Horizon, and now I'm lovingly readying her for her new owner in Texas. We've loved this boat for the last 12 years, and always will. I'm sure her new owner will appreciate her good condition.
Now it's time for new adventures! I'm looking for a cruising cat in the 38+ foot range, something that's relatively good at sailing (compared with other cats in the class). There are a few possibilities so I won't name brands and models, yet.
We might be boatless this summer, and that's the worst:facepalm: part of this journey. I just ordered a 2-person kayak, but we'll see what happens. When we find the right boat we'll know it and move quickly. Hopefully we won't be boatless more than one season.

Last edited:

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Cruising cat implies cruising plans. It will be interesting to follow your boat selection process and subsequent cruising plans.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Been watching too many homesteading videos on YouTube. Chickens, goats, and pigs, so a boar was my first thought, with the "t" being some sort of shorthand for a special variant, etc. I need to go sailing.

• Ha

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Congratulations Larry, and condolences. You've put a lot of hart into that boat over the years so I'm sure you do have mixed feelings. Hopefully it won't be too long before you are a boart owner again ;)

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
the two best days in a boat owners life: the day she is bought and the day she is sold.....

Jun 14, 2010
the two best days in a boat owners life: the day she is bought and the day she is sold.....
Selling brought no joy. I wasn’t selling a problem boat and was very happy with it. It sails like a dream, fast and flat. We just wanted more room inside. I don’t know what I’ll get next... I just have a general idea of what I want, with a wishlist of features (many of which are equipment that could be added).
But the alternative to being temporarily boatless would be to own two boats. :badbad: That demands more time, expense, pressure to sell one, and more financial risk. What if the market tanks and suddenly nobody‘s buying boats?
I was able to sell at a good price because the market is strong, I wasn’t under duress, and would have been happy to sail her another season.

Last edited:

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I get this too, I was not happy to sell my O'day 25 but happy to find a family that wanted to take care of her and actually sail her. I was happy to not be to splitting my time between 2 boats at 2 different clubs. She was well sorted with new electrical, new sails and new outboard, easy to sail solo and fun for just my daughter and I on the water. The 310 is far better and nicer but the smaller O'day was fun and I would have sailed her for years to come if I had not found the 310.

Selling brought no joy. I wasn’t selling a problem boat and was very happy with it. It sails like a dream, fast and flat. We just wanted more room inside. I don’t know what I’ll get next... I just have a general idea of what I want, with a wishlist of features (many of which are equipment that could be added).
But the alternative to being temporarily boatless would be to own two boats. :badbad: That demands more time, expense, pressure to sell one, and more financial risk. What if the market tanks and suddenly nobody‘s buying boats?
I was able to sell at a good price because the market is strong, I wasn’t under duress, and would have been happy to sail her another season.

Jun 14, 2010
Congratulations Larry! Still remember the day when we first saw your boat......
It was certainly good fortune, for me! :) (For others on the forum; I got a free night on a BI town mooring, courtesy of @NYSail. He was leaving and had already paid.) I'm sure the harbormaster would have come around to me for payment it you hadn't told me it was paid on the VHF channel they operate on). ;) I still owe you that beer :thumbup:

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Well this season we plan to spend a lot more time out east so I am sure we will bump into each other somewhere...... Lets keep our fingers crossed for a covid free summer!

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
I'm glad I never suffered the humiliation of being 'double horizon-ed'. Congratulations!