Multi state fishing licences ??

Jan 16, 2014
Cal 28 River Raisin Marina
Hello,
We are planning to fly into Ft Lauderdale, pick up a boat and sail her north up the east coast. I boat on the Lake Erie and I like to fish so I am planning to drop a hook in the water each time we make port or hit an anchorage. My question, I don't want to get a taxi and run out looking for a fishing license every time we stop, is there a multi state saltwater fishing license available? Or other suggestions/ options?

Thanks,
Bill

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i just did a search on the net for this and did not find any that would cover you in all states ...so i am thinking you need to be 3 miles out to beat the band/system so to speak....and then i am not sure if that will save you...maybe it would as long as you don't bring your catch to any shore

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Don't think there is, each State has their own requirements. Some sell them online and you may be able to purchase them in advance.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Wow, it's complicated. In NY (Long Island) residents need to register but it is free. Non-residents from Connecticut and Rhode Island, who have licenses in those states do not need a license. New Jersey residents do because there isn't reciprocity. If you want to fish for Tuna, Shark and some other off shore migratory species you need another license. All fresh water fishing requires a license.
More info (But not a clear answer) here: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7894.html

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Having run the ICW from the tip of Texas around to Annapolis,sadly I must tell you it ain't gonna happen. EACH state requires a license, and non resident ones are NOT cheap. I got a one year Florida Non res license for $46 when I got to Pensacola, and used it all around the state. More northern states simply weren't worthwhile.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Hello,
We are planning to fly into Ft Lauderdale, pick up a boat and sail her north up the east coast. I boat on the Lake Erie and I like to fish so I am planning to drop a hook in the water each time we make port or hit an anchorage. My question, I don't want to get a taxi and run out looking for a fishing license every time we stop, is there a multi state saltwater fishing license available? Or other suggestions/ options?

Thanks,
Bill
When are you going to be in Lauderdale?