Motor size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Josh

Hello. I have a 1968 Islander 21', it weighs aroun 2900 lbs. I need an outboard motor, but am not sure what horsepower to use. Is 4 HP enough? What would be the minimum to use but still hae enough power for all situations? Also, is a 20" shaft the proper length for this boat? Thanks.

A

al Hughes

motor size

I have a Catalina 22, I use a Tohatsu 6 four stroke with the long shaft. The Tohatsu 6 to 7 MPH. and the long shaft keeps the prop in the water when there is heavy wave action. The motor just sips fuel. The best part is no mixing and no oil slicks as with a two cycle. Fair winds AL

Feb 15, 2005
Macgregor 26X Prince George
what will the Mac X handle for motor size?

My boat only went 9 mph full throttle. Burned alot of fuel. But I exspected fuel cost to be high paying $1.15 per liter on the west coast. But I not sure which motor the mac can handle. I am thinking of a 90. Anyone got any ideas. The new mac have 90 s on them or some of them do. Sure like to pull a skier with out having to unload my boat...

K

kap'n kev

21 owner

Good information. Josh, go by the new islander 21 website at http://groups.msn.com/Islander21 and check out what is there. Maybe even post what you have found out.

J

jaqualine

islander outboard

I have a 5 horse 4 stroke honda on my islander 21. Works like a charm. Jaqualine

Status
Not open for further replies.