Motor Mount

Jun 4, 2010
Catalina Capri 22 Cincinnati
The attached pics show the final Motor Mount Bracket modification/installation on our 2006 Capri 22. The problem I experienced was that the Mount would drag in the water while motoring, not cool! Because, I learned to enjoy "Motor Sailing" when the wind dies down, I had to correct this situation! The mount did not have enough adjustment range, built into it, to lift the motor up enough to accomplish my objective. I did two things, One, I cut two additional slots in the bracket's adjusting arms to increase the Adjustment Range, to find the sweet spot and Secondly, I moved the mount up higher on the Transom to the next hole. Note, I also added a piece of 1/2 thick Starboard material, between the Mount and the Transom. I did this to move the motor away from the Transom to increase the radius of the "Remote Control Cables" I was adding. Since I planned on keeping the Motor mounted to the boat during trailering, I added a reinforcement Board (not shown) inside the Transom to better support the Motor. You can see the "RC Cables" and the extra Adjusting Slots in the picture.

Attachments

Jul 3, 2013
My solution to the "motor mount dragging in the water problem", plus the fact that I am using a 25-inch shaft outboard, was to raise the motor bracket up much higher than most of the Capri 22's I have seen. One additional benefit, is that when your are using my setup, the motor is nicely raised for good access. No hanging over the transom to reach anything.

While this picture does not show the final setup or the motor mount I ultimately used, they do show the concept nicely.