Motor mount size question

Apr 19, 2018
Hunter 17 Holland, MI
I've located a motor mount for my H170 (I've never had one) but it's salvaged from a H146. Before I drive 2 hours to get it I want to make sure it's the right size. Can anyone confirm the 146 and 170 mounts are the same size? (see attached photos of the 146 mount).

Attachments

timlho

Aug 9, 2020
O'Day 26 Baltimore
I just got a JY 14 and if that doesn't work for you, would love to know where you got that. I need one. :). Tim

timlho

Aug 9, 2020
O'Day 26 Baltimore
Oh I did. They said it was two parts. 240 total. Plus tax. Far too much. It's cuter than the bigger one from west marine, but over a150 bucks less,!

timlho

Aug 9, 2020
O'Day 26 Baltimore
Ok, Ive found that this is the only motor mount setup that will work for the 140, so Im going to buy the mount for $100, but not buy the plastic block for another 150.

So is there anyone who could give the measurements for the mount so I could make one please?

Thanks!

timlho

Aug 9, 2020
O'Day 26 Baltimore
I've located a motor mount for my H170 (I've never had one) but it's salvaged from a H146. Before I drive 2 hours to get it I want to make sure it's the right size. Can anyone confirm the 146 and 170 mounts are the same size? (see attached photos of the 146 mount).
Hi, could you please share the measurements for the mount so I could make one please? :)

Aug 11, 2020
Hunter 170 Lighthouse Cove On
I have a 170 and it’s 6 inches wide by 1 3/4 thick. The Steele bracket it 5x3 1/2. I had some trouble with a motor that was too heavy. Hopefully with some reinforcements and a light Suzuki 2.5 I’ll be all set.

timlho

Aug 9, 2020
O'Day 26 Baltimore
Great! The one in pics isn't square, it's like a triangle dropping into a rectangle. I think I'm going square or with a rectangle. I have 2 hp honda. You will be way good with a 2.5. I've used my 2 hp to push my 26 cruising boat when my 15 hp was in shop. You will def do hull speed.

So I'll look for wood 1 3/4 by 6 by ? . :) Is yours 6 by 6? I saw a 2 by 8 by 8 block of the poly stuff hunter uses on ebay for $35. (Instead of the $145 hunter wants.:) But they want $25 more for shipping. What did you use? I'm thinking oak...if I can find it... Tim

timlho

Aug 9, 2020
O'Day 26 Baltimore
Oh dude, you have the fancy plastic mount...I am quite jealous, but no way am I paying $150 for a block of ...whatever that stuff is! :)

On my 26, the transom cracked at bottom part of bracket after bounce around in slip for years with the weight of a modern 4 stroke 15 hp. I totally reinforced the transom and am so glad I did! Much, much better than before!

Ill try and see whats available wood wise. Im in Annapolis so theres a lot of possible options to find new and used teak, but heck, they sell red oak at the home depo and I rebuilt a rudder head with that stuff (and a bunch of epoxy:)!