Motor mount for 170

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2012
hunter 170 Shelbyville
Well, I've been able to enjoy my new-to-me '03 170 for a number of weeks now, and I've worked my way through the rigging/reefing learning curve, but I'm stuck now without a motor. A mounted motor to be exact. I bought a lightly used Honda 2HP 4-stroke about 3 days after I bought the boat, and I ordered the motor mount from Sound Boat Works the day I bought the boat. 6 weeks now and no mount. I've called them several times and they are telling me that with Hunter's current issues, they are having to have them made by a third party, and still waiting for the next batch to be finished. There are many places I haven't been comfortable taking my boat to without a motor that I'm really wanting to go before this season is finished. Would it be worth looking into having a fabricator closer to home make one for me? I don't want to do it wrong given the issues people have had with the motor mount breaking loose, but it looks like a very simple and straight-forward design, and I'm getting impatient. Words of wisdom from other owners?

Aug 13, 2011
Whinestopper Hunter 170 Columbus
I ordered a float mast from sound boatworks. After about six weeks and similar problems of promises to ship and even refund promises, I ended up turning it over to my credit card company to get my money back. I would do the same with your order. I ordered my motor mount from hunter via a phone number I got off an old forum thread that I can't find now

Jul 4, 2012
hunter 170 Shelbyville
Geez, I hope it doesn't come to that; I just want a motor mount so I can get out there! I'm going to call Hunter Monday morning and see if I can get anywhere with this before too long.

May 27, 2012
Oday 222 Beaver Lake, Arkansas
There was thread a while back about an H170 motor mount. They rip out. Fail. With little 2 HP motors. Do a search om them. I wouldnt hesitate to have something fabricated, but it needs to be through bolted through the bottom rather that just screwed into that worthless little wood block.

Status
Not open for further replies.