morgan deadrise

Nov 4, 2014
morgan classic 41 st.lucia
Hello,

I own a Morgan Classic 41' 1986. I put in a new chartplotter Garmin 740S and will be replacing the depth sounder on the boat. But before I can buy the correct depth sounder i need to know the deadrise angle/percentage. This can only be done if the boat is out of the water and you can measure the angle of the hull near the depth sounder.

My dilemma is that I need to order the depth sounder before I lift the boat because the boat is in the Caribbean and i want to take it with me to the boat.

So, if anyone who has a Morgan classic and has changed out a depth sounder and knows the dead rise please email me.

OR, if you have a Morgan and it is out of the water and you would like to do me a really big favor and put on an angle bubble on the hull next to the depth sounder it would be great.

Thank you

Bill Osborne
info@saildreammaker.com

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Hello,

I own a Morgan Classic 41' 1986. I put in a new chartplotter Garmin 740S and will be replacing the depth sounder on the boat. But before I can buy the correct depth sounder i need to know the deadrise angle/percentage. This can only be done if the boat is out of the water and you can measure the angle of the hull near the depth sounder.

My dilemma is that I need to order the depth sounder before I lift the boat because the boat is in the Caribbean and i want to take it with me to the boat.

So, if anyone who has a Morgan classic and has changed out a depth sounder and knows the dead rise please email me.

OR, if you have a Morgan and it is out of the water and you would like to do me a really big favor and put on an angle bubble on the hull next to the depth sounder it would be great.

Thank you

Bill Osborne
info@saildreammaker.com
Okay, I'll take a stab at this. According to the spec sheet http://g.factoryoutletstore.com/details/30765-37414/garmin-010-11051-00.html the transducer can be mounted within 0-20 deg deadrise. so... just make sure the mounting location is within that parameter. It appears the stainless steel version has less deadrise allowance.... if you go that way... simply mount the unit in a more appropriate location. Am I missing something about this?