Morgan 321 Pros and Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 27 Grand Rivers, KY
I am considering the purchase of a Morgan 321. The 321 appears as though it would be a good choice for use in FL and the Bahamas. However, I have been unable to find any reviews specific to this model. I would appreciate hearing about the pros and cons of the boat's construction and her sailing ability. Thanks, Duke

J

Jim

Morgan 323

I have a 323 and it is essentially the same boat. The 323 is a dream. Ity is one of Charlies best kept secrets. She sail kike a deam, is kind in a heavy seaway, comfortable for 4 people, great for 2. We had ours in 12 ft seas with winds gustinf to 40 kts, never worried about the boat. She rode up and down those waves with real stile. We have modified our extensively for long range cruising. The bigest short fall I can find is the shortage of portable water, but a Jerry Can solves that. You can't go wrong with these boats. Jim

K

Kyle

Did you buy the 32?

I have a sea trial scheduled soon for a Morgan 321 and was wondering if you purchased the 321? If you did, I would be interested in your experience thus far. Thanks.

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 27 Grand Rivers, KY
Sea trials 321

Sorry I can not give you any informtaion we have not yet decided to buy the 321. Duke

K

Kyle

Bought a 321 this week. These boat are tuff, solidly built boats. They look solid and based on your experience they are solid and well constructed. I was considering an Irwin, but this boat seemed tougher all around. Thanks for your info. as I took it into consideration with my purchase.

Jun 24, 2005
- - Arnold, MD
321 Info

I have a 1982 321. I really enjoy having the boat. Nice boat and well built. Sails well and looks like a boat, not a floating bubble condo. I have the shoal draft model. A few observations. One, she is a little more tender than I expected. She is beamy so putting her on her ends will develop weather helm so she likes to sail with a easy heal. Easily driven by a 135 genny. I have considered adding ballast. I installed hard plastic wast tank under the v-berth. The soft bladders that came with the boat as original equipment are crap. I have cosmetic blisters but don't really care about them. Just fill them and go sailing. If blisters really bug you then be careful and observant during your survey. Kevin S/V Weekend Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.