Mooring Mushroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Freda

I have been told by the Marina management wher I plan to keep the my 27' O'Day next summer that a mooring mushroom anchor can be placed near the slip renatl area and I am seriously considering this option. Does any one know of a web site or other advertisement site wher one can place a wanted ad for a used mushroom anchor as an alternative to buying a new one ? Naturally,taking advantage of the availability of such an item would be determined to a large extent on how far from the New York metropolitan area I would have to travel to treansport the achor. Anyway it's worth a try if any one has a lead. Thanks Bob Freda

E

Eric

Buy a new one

I recently purchased a new 250lb for about $300. I saw a similar used one for $275, so I just bought the new one. I got it at a local boat shop up here in westchester- zoller's marine in croton on hudson. They had to order it, and I had it within a week. I then had them help me get it in the back of my SUV, and I dragged it out on the Hudson. One note- it is very important to properly setup the mooring. I have heavy chain connected to the mushroom, then to a swivel, then to lighter chain connected to the bottom of the floating ball. then, about two feet down from the ball, connect a nylon rope from the chain to the boat. Do the same thing with a chain as a backup, in case the rope goes out. They have this pictured in a diagram, with all correct sizes and lengths, according to boat size, at zoller's.

P

Pete Maglaris

mushroom anchors

Bob, I have 2 300# mushroom anchors. $300 for the pair. Call me at 203-926-2251 if you are interested. Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.