Moondance

May 23, 2016
O'Day 1984 23 Island Park, NY
Been meaning to post this for some time now...
Our club did our annual Moondance race a couple weeks back... I forgot how lovely sailing at sunset could be... Actually sent the crew below to get a camera on one leg it was such a superb sunset... ShameSham hasnt sent me the pics to post...
After several mis cues and restarting of the start sequence and course changes we finally got to start... Couldn't believe how badly I blew it... Last across the line... But that meant the fleet was gone.. I was in clean air and able to execute my strategy... Halfway up the first beat I was mid fleet and close behind a fast guy that should give me more than 60 s/m... Eventually finished 2nd in division... I'll call that a success...
That gives me a 1+1+2 record so far this season with 2 races to go... Lovin my new-to-me Genny!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I notice you're from Island Park. Is that where you sail? If so, what body of water? My Dad kept a boat in Freeport when I was a "Ute." There was always a lot of current in those passages.

May 23, 2016
O'Day 1984 23 Island Park, NY
Yep... I know freeport well... Ish.. Annapolis sent 5 of their sloops there a few weeks back and gave tours...
I normally sail Middle Bay, Reynolds Channel, Garrett Lead, Parsonage Cove, Shell Creek... Club is on Barnum Channel right by Peters Clam Bar... Sometimes I crew for a buddy out of Point Lookout in ocean races or just to do a "tanker run"... Like last weekend's 9-11 memorial Spirit Rider Regatta in the small craft advisory... More on that in another post...
Grew up sailing Huntington bay, the surrounding area, and the other side of the the sound