MMSI agent.....

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
So looking to get an MMSI number for international use in case we step to the Bahamas. Going to the FCC web site doesn’t give clear instructions, however in my google search this company came up.... BRM www.boat-radio-license-MMSI.com. Seems simple enough for a fee. Is anybody familiar with them??

thanks
Greg

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
So looking to get an MMSI number for international use in case we step to the Bahamas. Going to the FCC web site doesn’t give clear instructions, however in my google search this company came up.... BRM www.boat-radio-license-MMSI.com. Seems simple enough for a fee. Is anybody familiar with them??

thanks
Greg
The link didn't work. It isn't necessary to pay a fee for someone else to do this. The FCC website is desperately in need of a redesign. About the only information you need is the boat's HIN and USCG Documentation number along with information you should know by heart, like your name and birthday.

Once you figure out the logic, the system is straight forward. The challenge is figuring out the logic, this website was clearly designed by geeks for geeks and nerds.

Step 1: Register with the FCC on their CORES system and get an FRN.

Step 2: Apply for the licenses, go to the License Manager link after logging in.

Step 3: Pay for the licenses using a Pay.gov account

I went as far as the registration page, turns out I needed to update my FRN account. The process is a bit tedious, but can be completed by mere mortals.

If you decided to go to the Bahamas, you will need a Customs Decal to return. These are about $26 and required for boats over 30 feet.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
First thing you will need is a vessel station license which last I heard was us$160.00. Then, though I'm not sure it is required, you should get your personal Marine Radio Operator Permit. I don't know if there is cost involved, but it is lifetime.

Jul 18, 2015
South P10 Pugetopolis
if you take the class for your operator license, you will learn how to get into the FCC website. Getting your MMSI is pretty straightforward.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
if you take the class for your operator license, you will learn how to get into the FCC website. Getting your MMSI is pretty straightforward.
There is no class necessary for the Restricted Radio Operators license. The requirements are pretty low, can you speak English and write in a log. Other licenses have greater requirements for which a class might be helpful.