Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I thought I would let others ponder on that boat.:pimp:

Camouflage?
Jim...

PS: It is for sale.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I thought we might link different methods of cleaning the boat.:laugh:
Yes there are interested parties that want to buy it.
Jim...

PS: More pictures soon.
PSS: It is a good "Catch" :facepalm: pun intended.

• Ha
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
A little gasoline will clean that right up.
Getting real close to what happened to this beautiful Ketch, with all roller fulling.
Clue1.jpeg

Jim...

PS: did anyone see the cigarette butt in the picture above?

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
That would have been a beautiful boat in its day. Too bad it was left under water so long. Probably not worth recovering now.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The rest of the story...

That Ketch was berthed behind us after we moved to a newer easier spot to dock. [blue arrow move for us]
Ketch3.jpeg

Hurricane Delta was threatening to hit us and the Ketch moved to his Hurricane Hole, as was his standard practice.

HHole.jpeg

From Red Pin to Purple Pin. That is a man made lake done when they built I-10. The land owners told the I-10 contractors they could have the Sand for free, if they dredged/built the Five finger lake north and the lake with the purple pin [Alligator Lake].
Normal depth is ≈20 feet and sand bottom.
____
The Ketch moved and anchored. We did not move, since I knew Delta would miss us.
The Sailor went there alone, took his iPhone, and went to sleep, but his anchored slipped during the night.
He woke to find himself/keel jammed against the South bank, between two large pine tree roots which protruded from the bank.

In his attempt to get out, one root punctured his hull and tipped on its Starboard Side.
His iPhone battery had died. After sitting aboard for 24+ hours, his ill wife reported him missing, but knew where he was.

The very bad news...
He only had Liability insurance.

Thus, the Insurance company had to fix the hull, raise it and park it where it is now.
Jim...

PS: They were the first couple to great us when we first moved our boat to the marina 2014.:(

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The news about that Ketch...

It has been sold.

A older sailor and his grandson have started removing the crap from inside the boat!

They plan to "tow it", without its rudder, to another harbor along the coast.

That will be and adventure, if you look at my maps above.

SeaTow did tow my boat, but used a Drone or Sea Anchor to stabilize, since my Rudder was broken off.

But they did not enter the Gulf of Mexico, this team has to do that.

Good Luck...
Jim...

PS: I am trying to get them to join SBO too!