Milestones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
This will be the thread where I post my pilgrim's progress towards launch.

I installed the upper tangs today. The mast work is now finished until time to bolt on the radar dome and rig for stepping.

Nov 22, 2008
May 15.

I brought all the epoxy and fiberglass tape home today. The boat is substantially reassembled and all interior structural repair and reinforcing finished.

Except for painting the inside of some lockers after the epoxy is thoroughly cured, I'm now down to engine, systems, and exterior.

Nov 22, 2008
I painted the sheer stripe yesterday. I'm now at the point where I could have her in the water in two days if I needed to.

Except for the new sewage tank, she is now fully functional although I have a lot of cosmetic stuff I want to do before I leave.

Nov 22, 2008
I haven't done a very good job of keeping up this thread. It's a boat so it's been late and all sorts of unexpected things have popped up. Who could believe that Dennis, best customer service on the planet, would send me a monitoring panel with a blown output transformer? I spent a full day trying to figure out what I'd done wrong before his engineer told me which wire to cut and check voltage on. Oops, .04 volts where there should have been 9.5. There have been a half dozen things like that which I appear to be the first one it's ever happened to. I believe them all when they say that, it's just my karma.

Once the new monitor arrives and is installed and calibrated, I'll have a fully functional boat. Autopilot goes back in today. After that, it's just a coat of wax, bottom paint, and rigging.

I decided today that I'm not going to do any varnishing or painting. I'm just worn out and the windy, dusty yard isn't the best place to do it anyway. I'm going to make up a plastic bin with all the stuff I need and tackle that project in some nice place downeast. Or, maybe next winter in Florida. Or, maybe.....

So, she'll look a little rough. I can live with it. See my introductory post.

Mast goes up mid week.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
It's always something. Triple Play is now all cleaned and just needs some bottom paint before she tastes water. I decided to check my engine zincs, as I had never gotten around to it before. Both are stuck. The 3/4 inch square "nut" on the aft one actually sheared off leaving a flat surface, but luckily no leakage. That is going to be a fun repair on a thirty year old engine. I hope Torresen has the part!

Nov 22, 2008
This is a milestone of sorts. My first post using the Verizon MiFi Mobile Hotspot and laptop which will let me post my cruise reports and pictures once my cruise begins.

Maybe I should start another thread titled "Ten Steps Back from Milestones". I went down in the pouring rain today to reinstall the chartplotter and check out the mast connected equipment. All lights and radio work but there is no radar. Groan. I'm not going to try chasing that problem down in the rain.

Nov 22, 2008
YES!

The engine started and ran like it was in the middle of a daysail last summer.

(Uncompensated product placement)

Nov 22, 2008
I could work on the boat for another six months without running out of things to do but she's finally ready to hop on board with my son tomorrow and go for a daysail. That's the condition in which she'll be starting this cruise. I'll do the other things along the way.

It's just provisioning and tying up loose ends on shore now. I still figure that will take about five days

I took her over to the fuel dock today and filled the tanks. The dock boy who helped me fuel was my other son, the older one. That was a new and fun experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.