Mid Boom Sheeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J. Warren

I have a 1977 C-27 with end boom sheeting that I would like to convert to mid boom sheeting. Anybody done that? If so, what parts, cost, was it worth it?

D

Donald

Call Garhuare

Garhuare has all the stuff you need at great prices. They are the main supplier for Catalina see them at www.garhuaremarine.com !!! Give them a call and tell them what you need. Don't be put off by them though, they are not a big operation but they will go out of their way to make it right.

G

Gordon S.

Garhauer Traveler kits

My 88 C27 came with midboom sheeting, but no traveler controls, just manual stops, a real knuckle buster, and not conducive to smooth operation. I added Garhauer's traveler control kit and now have a system that really adds to my sail trimming capability and is easy to use. Less fussing with the multi part main sheet as well. Gordon

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Be prepared to lose some control

End boom sheeting may get in the way but you have more control over the main with it. If you just sail for fun & not racing, you probably won't see a noticeable difference. Good luck! LaDonna

B

Bob Camarena

Think hard before you do it

I had a C-27 with end-boom sheeting and now have a C-30 with mid-boom sheeting. The end-boom sheeting is easier and quicker, especially if you're sailing short handed. You give up a lot of mechanical advantage by going mid-boom, meaning more blocks and longer sheets. I'd stick with the end-boom. Spend your money on something more productive.

P

patrick e. boole

midboom

i have spent many days and many inquires trying to convert my midboom sheet to the end. my cat 27 had end boom and those with midboom wanted to convert. you can't understand what you will lose if you change to midboom. i have a cat 30 now and i am still trying to convert it.

Status
Not open for further replies.