Microwave on Hunter 306?

Jan 13, 2024
Hunter 306 Palm Harbor
I just purchased a Hunter 306 and "am learning my way around." I noticed a white 3-strand AC wire marked "Microwave" starting behind the control panel and terminating in the bottom cabinet/drawer below the stove. Does anyone know what brand of microwave, and where and how to install a microwave oven below the stove?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congratulations on your boat acquisition. From your post I am guessing this is an older boat. As you are aware, having 40 years of sailing experience, the builder could have used just about any make and model of micro wave that will fit in the space and was available during the build.

You have the same freedom. Measure the space (height, width, & depth) that you want to use to install the appliance then find a model that will fit and is at a price you want to pay.
I know of no one making battery powered microwave's. You’ll need to find one that works on AC, 110V, 15amps or less. You’re not limited to it being a microwave. It could be an air fryer, toaster oven or coffee maker if the space is a match. You will want an appliance that has adequate space so as not to over heat the surrounding surface.
Good luck with your project.

Mar 27, 2021
Hunter 306 Lake Pepin
Mine came with an exotic Origo, but as jssailem noted, you could put whatever in there as long as it fits. No trick to installing really as long as there’s an outlet there, just plug in and you’re off to the races. I don’t use it all that much though, and you might consider just keeping that spot open for storage.

61585.jpeg

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The Microwave should be attached to the cabinet by at least one point, that is approved by their instructions.

Otherwise you will find it on the Deck when sailing on a Heel. :facepalm:

Jim...

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
I think the OP found the un-connected wire marked "Microwave" and
might want to hard wire it to the dedicated circuit that's already at his 115v panel.
If I am correct, the process is straight forward enough.
Verify that the microwave wire is properly connected to the 115v panel
and that the wire run to be used for a new appliance is an appropriate 3 strand,
tinned wire which is properly secured throughout the run.
Then it's just a matter of cutting off the wall plug from the appliance cord and
connecting the "Microwave" wire to it.

• Helpful