Mexico Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaise

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Bradenton
For those of you interested, Midnight Sun will be leaving April 29th in the Mexico race. If you would like to follow our progress, the website is Iboattrack.com. We appreciate all the support.

May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
I'm sure you don't need it, Blaise, but best of luck anyway. That new rudder will I am sure put you to the top of the fleet.

Jul 13, 2010
hunter 1979 37 cutter mobile, alabama
blind river - surely that is not blind river that opens to lake maurpas in louisiana?????

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Good luck Blaise! Have the website bookmarked. Always fun to watch your progress. What do you do with all those trophies anyway? You should post a picture. Maybe we can move them to the H37C Hall of Fame. :)

I think this is Bill's Blind River: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_River,_Ontario

Jun 21, 2007
Hunter Cherubini 36_80-82 Sausalito / San Francisco Bay
Hi Blaise:

Win another race for us Cherubini fans.

I remember a not too long ago you posted that your Kenyon boom had become damaged. What was the outcome? Totally new boom or did you fix the existing one?

regards,
rardi

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
Ed S is correct. Blind River, Ontario, frozen north land. More fresh snow falling this morning.

Blaise

Jan 22, 2008
New boom. The same one that is on the Catalina 380. Right length (within 2 inches) and a lot stouter. Althougth it took me 32 years of ocean racing to wear out the original.

Ed A

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 37c Tampa
Blaise,
kick some butt again. hope you guys have a safe trip both ways.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Wow! Not only 1st in division, from what I can see, 3rd overall on corrected time. Excellent racing Blaise!

Blaise

Jan 22, 2008
Hi Guys,
Back and tired. Having surgery tuesday to rebuild my right shoulder. The boat is old, but I am older. We did indeed win for the third year which has never been done in the 43 year history of the regatta. We had a pretty smooth ride, only destroying two whisker poles. The whole race was a broad reach, which is the boats worst point of sail, which says a lot for John Cherubini's design, since we still won.
These boats are incredible, and yes Ed, you should convert Ladylove (and every other H37c) to a sloop.

Status
Not open for further replies.