Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all !

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Great message! This is indeed a fabulous group! Happy Holidays to all!

dj

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Thanks for the smiles your message brings, Claude ..
joyeux Noël

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
While we are here, There is a "Christmas at the Shore" movie on INSP channel the 24th at 3 P.M. EST. Kind of like a Hallmark movie. There will be repeats on the 25th. However, I found the "UPTV" Channel showing it during the past week. INSP is 295, UPS is 189 , 887 in HD, in Annapolis. There are sailing scenes involved. Pour some Egg Nog and enjoy the show. And Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Claude L.-Auger ... Thank you for starting this thread. You captured the essence of my thoughts regarding SBO and the sailors who share experiences, here in this forum.

Last February, the crew of Mahalo, got to drink beer and eat pizza with Phil and talk about the forum. It was fun to learn that back in the beginning, Phil then a SailBoat Owner, just wanted a place to learn from others how to keep his boat going. Never thinking that the simple thought would grow to become SBO.

Phil if I spoke out of turn, I am sorry. I marvel at what a resource this SBO gathering of sailors is to the experienced and the "I think I want to buy a boat" dreamer.

So I share this song from Karen Carpenter. It is a but sappy, but it was on the Christmas tape, my Dad sent home to the family from his 1970 Vietnam deployment. I think of it as a family heirloom.

A very Merry Christmas to all of you. May WE make 2020 a great year sailing for all of the old, new owners and "want to be owners" who join, in this SBO, our sharing experiment.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
John- you might not be aware, but Phil is also responsible for the TSBB forum staying alive. Some years ago the man who ran it died from an illness and a lady named Judy Blumhorst took it temporarily. She arranged for Phil to take it on. We are very grateful. TSBB has been running since 1996.
Phil also picked up the Cruising Sailor board when Cruising World Magazine changed the forum format and many just walked away. there arer MANY in the sailing world thankful for Phil :)