Mercury 3.3 2-stroke Carb issue?

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
@jonelli OK, maybe you dodged a bullet. If it continues to run OK, switch to E0 gas to keep it that way. Here is a link to Ethanol-free gasoline in CA. Maybe there is a location near you. Or maybe there is a marina that sells it.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
It looks like there is a Gulf station in Downey, CA that has E0. About 20 km (12 miles) from Long Beach.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
Wait until she is asleep. Hide all the knives and rat poison. Pray for forgiveness.

Seriously, I bought a 2 liter cleaner on eBay about 4 years ago. At the time it was about $60-65 but it is higher now. When I bought it I really only had one carb that I wanted to clean. But after purchase I have cleaned every carb for my small engines and I use it for other de-greasing and cleaning tasks. 2 liters is large enough for a small engine carb (automotive carbs if you still have one are too large). It is all stainless, heats to a programmed temp setting, and you can time the length of cleaning time. And you wouldn't need to worry about your wife offing you. :yikes:

Here is a picture of my unit:
View attachment 182055

The eBay link is: 2l Qt Ultrasonic Cleaner 110w Digital Heated Industrial Parts | eBay

Here is a picture of my Nissan carb BEFORE cleaning:

View attachment 182054

Spotless afterward.
Thanks, Rich!