Medical Insurance for Cruising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
This list of services was extracted from the SkyMed booklet I just received. Had to use an attachment as there was no other way to format the information so that it would make sense...
Thanks! I owe you a :beer:

Jun 30, 2022
Catalina 34 Chicago
Hi! I see it's been a while, but I hope my comment is helpful here. It's great that you have Medicare and Medicare Advantage for coverage in the US, but it's essential to have additional coverage abroad.

Jun 30, 2022
Catalina 34 Chicago
Hi! I see it's been a while, but I hope my comment is helpful here. It's great that you have Medicare and Medicare Advantage for coverage in the US, but it's essential to have additional coverage abroad.
Some travel insurance providers offer medical coverage and evacuation services for cruise travel. I suggest drawing your attention to ibgportland healthcare insurance company for a good plan. I used this option last summer when I went on a cruise. Good luck!

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Thank you for the last couple of replies. This however is a really old thread, it will be three years old in a few days. We have gone and come back with only one minor health incident while still in the US.

Our health plan treats foreign medical expenses as "out of network" providers. They will reimburse us for the expenses if we document them but not the provider. We did purchase the basic DAN Boater coverage to take care of medical transportation and repatriation if so needed. Buying through BoatUS gave us a decent discount.

We did postpone our trip until 2021 because of Covid, who knew back in March 2020 how nuts the world would get. We finally made it to the Bahamas in the Spring 2022. As part of the entrance policy we had to buy Bahamian Covid Coverage. It was inexpensive and required. Not sure what the current requirements are.

Given the age of this thread, I'm going to close the thread. It will remain open for review however, posting will be terminated.

Cheers. :beer::beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.