mast up

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael

Is the mast up from catalina direct worth buying.I've read all 12 replies and still wonder if it's worth the price?Is the top of the mast aft when using the (mast up)?How does it work with the mast carrier ?How does it work when you are trailering?

E

Ed P.

I like mine !

I bought one last year and like it. It's quite easy to use, and makes the whole raising/lowering process a lot safer. Although it is a bit pricey, you could probably get a local welding shop to make one, but it would probably cost almost as much. The roller makes it really easy to move the mast from the stored position to raising position. All you have to do is roll the mast aft far enough so that you can connect it to the mast step. Once that is done, raise the mast up to it's full height and you're a good part of the way to having the mast up. Lowering is just the reverse process.

R

Raul

Got one too, works well

Mine came with the boat when I bought it used, it works well especially for storing the mast when trailered (I added a small piece of 2x4 at the mast step to support the mast in the middle to prevent metal fatigue). Also one nice feature for winter storage, you can easily adjust the height so there is a tilt to the mast, this lets you put a tarp over everything with enough slope so rain water doesn't accumulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.