Mast rigging for a Widgeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S. Chamberlain

We just bought a used 1971 Widgeon but the cables (rigging - sorry, I'm a new sailor) that secure the mast to the sides and front need replacing. Some marinas tell me I need to have them made with a hydrolic press for the ends and others say a crimping tool will do the job since the boat is small. Please give me your opinion and also let me know if you are awair of any source for just ordering the specific ODAY cables for the Widgeon with the ends pre-installed. Thanks, stach@skyenet.net

D

Don Evans

Have it Done Once

Get it done by a sail loft, and it will be good for another 20 years. Look in the yellow pages of your nearest city, for a loft, such as North, Sobstad, Hood, Doyle to name a few, and give them a call. Most larger sail lofts have rig dimensions for almost every boat produced, and I'd bet they have the Widgeons' too. The rig is very simple and straight forward and will not cost that much to have it made with proper swages. You could also take the boat to them for proper sizing. You could also have them check the sails while your at it. Have fun. Don

Status
Not open for further replies.