Mast Light

Apr 10, 2010
Hunter 26 Boca Chica, Rep. of Panama
I would like to find a replacement perferable a LED. One that mounts like the one in the foto of my deck stepped mast.
PXL_20210304_194747415.NIGHT.jpg

MikeyJ

Dec 15, 2018
Hunter 23.5 Carlyle Lake
I would like to find a replacement perferable a LED. One that mounts like the one in the foto of my deck stepped mast.
View attachment 191134
You can find these, with le
d on Amazon. But be prepared to do some rewiring. Instead of two hot wires, one for steaming, one for anchor, they use two grounds. And being led you can't just hook up your hot wires to the black leads.

Apr 10, 2010
annoying can't get my Android copy to work on this text so I can send it to my electrician
..thanks for the feed back

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Looks like Ron posted exactly what you are looking for except it's out of stock. :banghead:

Apr 10, 2010
Looks like Ron posted exactly what you are looking for except it's out of stock. :banghead:
Screenshot_20210305-160119.png

The LED bulb? does it work in the lihjt housing because if so then all I need is the LED..what say yee

Apr 10, 2010
Screenshot_20210305-161717.png

Just went this...I will make it work but if the old one still attached can take an LED let me know and I will order their bulbs thst list available

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
My H23 has a masthead lamp that looks pretty much like that and I was able to buy new LED bulbs that fit. I don't recall right now where I ordered them. If I recall correctly they are bayonet style bulbs.

Apr 10, 2010
I think I got bumped from this forum. Maybe because I posted a image of another source for a part? In any case I used my browser to check my thread and wasn't told "my license expired" like happens now using the forum app.

I'm replied to Hunterparts asking if the mast light / anchor unit they sell supports an LED because they list an LED. If so then maybe all I need is that LED for my exisiting light.

Apr 10, 2010
Ok... I just ordered from Sailboatowners a bulb but I would like to get some backups that might be mas barato. I need a bulb size (LED) if anyone has one handy to check. Meanwhile I sent a txt message and hope the Marina can get back to me with dimentions that I can use to order online. Trying to find items like this within Panama particularly from this frontier province is not practicle. Oh and I'm 2 hrs from the Marina

Dec 20, 2020
Prindle 16' Corrotoman River, VA
Ok... I just ordered from Sailboatowners a bulb but I would like to get some backups that might be mas barato. I need a bulb size (LED) if anyone has one handy to check. Meanwhile I sent a txt message and hope the Marina can get back to me with dimentions that I can use to order online. Trying to find items like this within Panama particularly from this frontier province is not practicle. Oh and I'm 2 hrs from the Marina
My mast head light looks like what you have in your post #1 and #6 except the base is metal instead of plastic. I had it off yesterday to clean and repair it and the bulbs have "perko fig .71" on them. Some web searching seems to indicate that "perko 71" might be the size format. Auto parts stores seem to also sell the bulbs.

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
I replaced mine in October. Stick with the original light fixture because it is heavy duty, don't buy some plastic Chinese-built thing. I read the part number on the bulb, typed it into search along with the word 'led' and found it right away. I looked but couldn't find my order.

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
Did a search, they range from $15 - $26 for led versions. Click on parts and send a message to customer service and maybe theu'll order it for you, also.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
If it is like mine that looks like that, the top lid has a few small screws that hold it down, and the two lenses then slide up. Mine has a pair of bayonet style bulbs, not festoon. I think I just looked around for any type of 12V LED bulb that fits that bayonet base, did not necessarily buy marine grade. But I'm on a large lake where you can't even anchor overnight, so was not too worried about marine police or coast guard calling me out on luminosity.