Mast light - LED Replacement

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
6F35F7FE-4E0D-4613-BC71-98A0F43FCD5B.jpeg
On my way back from an afternoon / evening sail I noticed that the light on top of my mast was out. Has anyone in the forum replaced the standard issue for a 2002 C310 with a newer LED model? If so please advise on what you purchased and any challenges associated with replacement. Additionally, any knowledge of keeping the housing as is but replacing with an LED bulb? Looking forward to commentary from the community.

And for those that have not launched, I have attached a photo of what is to come for you.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It should be easy to find a replacement LED for your housing once you find out what type it takes. Either SBO or MarineBeam will stock them. In my case, the lens was so cloudy I elected to replace the whole thing. Polarity may be the one "gotcha" with the plan. Many people don't realize LEDs have polarity while incandescent does not and wonder why their new bulb does not work.

I agree. Nice shot :tongue:

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
Thanks Justin - what make / model did you purchase for replacement? I have a feeling that after 20 years the lens may be cloudy as you mentioned.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
The socket on my old anchor light corroded, so I bought a new LED light, but haven't installed it yet. It's probably an Aquasignal or similar brand. I'm sure I will have to drill and tap new holes for it.