Mast light bulbs for Hunter 31

Mar 27, 2016
Hunter 1983 Austin,, tx
I need to change the mast light bulbs in my 1984 Hunter 31, anyone know the bulb types? And would like to know the LED equivalents.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Contact the HOW Store. I believe that they have that information and the parts you need.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I might order one of those. Mike, do you know what bulb goes in your steaming light?

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I might order one of those. Mike, do you know what bulb goes in your steaming light?
Ray, I ended up replacing my steaming light with a steaming/deck light combo. So I can't say for sure but I think it's the same. Jackdaw, posted recently about a light that can be an anchor light and a tri color mast head light. If I were replacing my anchor light I would use that.

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Check out the boat model specific section of the store on here. They try to the matching fixtures for each boat as well as the standard and LED bulbs for that fixture.

They also have conversion charts for LED equivalents posted in the lighting section

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Tried to convert to LED last year, but the bulb would not light. My old bulb was dead as well. Now I'm not sure if it is a wiring issue. I didn't have a multi meter with me when we went up the mast, so I could not test for voltage. it may just be cross wired which would prevent LED function, but it could also be a bad connection somewhere between the socket, and the breaker.

Planning another trip up the mast some day soon.