MAST LEAKS & SPARTITE

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
I am sure this subject has been discussed many times before. I am looking for more recent views, satisfaction or disatisfaction with the product by Spartite, before investing in a kit. In my most recent travels, with this incredible amount of wet weather in the Chesapeake Bay, many leaks have manifested themselves, the main one being the thru deck hole for the mast. As always, any and all help is appreciated.

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
I bought the SparTite kit, then returned it. I decided that it was too expensive and complex for me. Instead, I ordered the appropriate Isomat mast boot from RigRite. It wasn't cheap, but it has held up since 2020. If it fails, I will wrap it with Mast Boot Tape.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
So, just to circle back to you all. As a temporary fix, I cleaned out the gap of the mast hole from inside the cabin. I did not remove the old boot tape. I stuffed foam rope gap filler from the inside up into the mast boot. Got us much up there as possible. The boot bulged a little. I then took marine extended service tape and added a layer over the top part of the boot tape, where it wraps the mast. It has helped tremendously, just a little trickle from the grooves still.