Mast height

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beverly

I need to find out the height of my mast .I have a 36 1985 catalina with a 4ft 8 in draft and 11 ft beam.If anyone knows please help.

C

Chris Hyland

Beverly, That draft makes your boat a wing keel. If I'm correct Catalina doesn't do tall rigs on wing keels so that would make your mast 50'2" off the deck. Makes a total of about 55 feet off the water for clearance issues. If it is a tall tig it's two feet taller. Regards, Chris

B

Beverly

Thanks Chris

Thank you for your response. I don't have a wing keel,we ordered a shallow draft when she was built knowing the shallow waters on the Cape.I'm trying to see about a trip from east to west on the intercoastal in Florida and the 49 ft Railroad bridge leaves me wondering.Bev

F

Frank Deering

The specifications for my wing keel (shalow draft) 36'mkII says 50'2" from WL. This means from water line to the top of the mast (do not forget antennas) . I have taken two boats through the canal and if you call the Indian town marina ,I am sure they will tell you they can take your boat through .The charge was $75.00 per boat in cash four years ago.

C

Chris Hyland

Shallow Draft

Hi Beverly, I was under the impreesion that Catalina made only two configurations, Wing and Fin keels. I think the Wing Keel is what they consider shallow draft. Our fin keel draws almost 6 feet. I'm sure Frank's correct about the height being measured from the waterline, so disregard my remark about adding 5 additional feet. Our antenna goes about three feet off the top of the mast. Best of luck, Chris

L

Les Murray

52 ft. mast height from the water line

I have an '86 C-36 with a tall rig and my mast height is 52 feet. The standard rig should be 2 feet shorter. Les Murray s/v Ceilidh 86 C-36 #560

Status
Not open for further replies.