Mast Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Balliette

Am trying to establish a charter operation on an inland lake. I have two bridges to pass under which are approx 35 feet off the water. Want to use my Catalina 30 tall rig as one of my units but not sure of the exact height of mast. Would also like to know if any larger boats would meet my height requirements.

J

John Mavrovich

Catalina 30 Tall Rig Height

Height is 47.4 feet above water line.

P

patrick e. boole

tabernacling

i have to go under a bridge to exit the north harbor into monterey bay in santa cruz, ca. we tabernacle our mast so we can transit the bridge. if you have a need for this let me know and i will walk you through it.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Patrick has the right idea

Sounds like tabernacling is the best choice for your boat. I doubt you'll find many larger boats with such a short mast height. Possibly a gaff rigged boat but I wouldn't want to charter out a gaff rig! Come to think of it, chartering a tabernacled rig would be a nailbiter too - unless you're planning on being on it too. Catalina 27s would probably just eek under but they're a good size for chartering. Find out the exact bridge height and find out if there is ANY possibility of fluctuation (dams, freezing, droughts), then find boats to fit that. The larger you get, the taller the mast. Good luck! LaDonna

Status
Not open for further replies.