Mast height for Catalina 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Shafer

I am thinking of buying a Cat 25, but I need to get under a railroad bridge near my marina that has a 34 foot clearance. I have seen Cat 25s next to O'day 25s and the O'day seems a little taller. The O'day people say the vertical clearance of the O'day 25 is 33 feet, and the Catalina people say the Cat 25 is 35 feet. I need to know for sure what the vertical clearance of the Cat 25 is, of course the normal rig and not the tall rig. Thanks.

J

Jon W

C25 Mast Height

The standard rig mast is 28 feet long. Add the distance from the waterline to the mast step (about 5'?), plus any windex or antennae. Also the more heavily the boat is loaded, the lower it sits in the water. So each boat may be a little different.

D

Dan Moore

Ease in lowering the mast?

I have a similar problem but the culvert I will have to go under to get my boat to the main section of my lake will require lowering the mast as the height between the waterline and ceiling of the culvert is only roughly 7-8'. Will this be a problem with the Cat 25? Does anyone have a good system for lowering and raising the mast for the Cat and if so how long does it take to do (as I will have to do it often)?

Status
Not open for further replies.