Mast for plastic Walker Bay 10

Mar 24, 2024
Catalina 27 Los Alamos
As part of liquidating my late parents' estate, I sold the Walker Bay 10 (plastic model) on craigslist. Not being familiar with the boat, I mistakenly thought all the pieces were there. The buyer is not a sailor, nor am I. So the buyer did not notice until he got the boat home (100 miles away) that the top of the mast was missing. The length of the sail is about 5 feet longer than the (partial) mast that was with the boat. All I can find is what looks to be a 6-foot PVC pipe with pulleys on the top. But it's heavy, and the bottom looks as though it broke off something else (see photos).
I don't know if my father actually ever sailed the Walker Bay or just used it as a rowboat if his larger boat were moored offshore. I don't know if he bought it used in its current condition.
I'm not having any luck trying to find Walker Bay masts or parts. Can someone help me? Is this piece the missing part? I feel obligated to make sure the buyer got a complete boat.

possible Walker Bay mast top top.jpg
possible Walker Bay mast top - cropped.jpg
possible Walker Bay mast top bottom - cropped.jpg
Walker Bay 10 - cropped - use1.jpg

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Google is your friend:

The top link is to a store I've dealt with before, buying a new sail for our WB8. The woman that owned it at the time was very knowledgeable.

If all else fails, contact Walker Bay and ask them:

• Helpful